I was nominated by Stevetheman18 for “The Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. I want to thank you so much for nominating me. I was in the streets of Dublin when I magically, somehow, had wifi and received the notification. My friend and I celebrated with a drink that night. You should check out his blog if you have time, he has a range of things he talks about and it is pretty well rounded.
Here are my answers to his following questions:
1. What’s your greatest memory in high-school or college?
Honestly, high school was very difficult for me. The only thing that really got me through it was theater. Bob (our theater director) will always be one of my favorite teachers. He made everyone feel like they were part of a community. I loved being a dancer in Grease and taking his classes. Those will be my favorite memories.
2. Who is your greatest hero?
My mother. Hands down. The thing is, I could write a book about how amazing she is and how she has inspired me to become the woman I believe I should be. My mom taught herself how to walk again as doctors were struck by how she survived an accident (she was the 1% in that situation). She’s in her 40’s and decided to go back to school and is amazing at accomplishing her degree. She is an amazing listener and I have talked to her about every extremity that teens don’t talk about with their parents. If I could only become half the woman she is, I would be proud.
3. What would you do with a million dollars?
Honestly, keep half of it for traveling because traveling is a need for me. The rest I would want to put into some form of education in third world countries where it is difficult to get one. I think people in first world countries take it for granted. That’s also been an interest of mine, before deciding to au pair I looked at ways to volunteer at orphanages abroad to teach English.
4. What’s your mission in life?
My mission in life is to learn (I know, sounds cheesy). It is one of the reasons I chose to do journalism though, because you always have to force yourself to study the material you are writing about. I loved writing essays in high school (I was that weird kid).
5. Favorite movie or tv show of the year?
The Newsroom. Honestly a little saddened at how they decided to end the show, I thought their first season was the best because it really questioned the identity of the business and where it is going and what could be done about it. I was happy to see where the characters ended up though (and WHO they ended up with… FINALLY).
6. What’s your greatest strength?
I think it would be observing. Observing my surroundings and acting from there. That was something I picked up from moving around so often in high school.
7. What’s worse: Not having your phone or not having a good friend to talk to?
Not having a good friend to talk to. I am such a ranting person, I love getting feedback from people about life events and such. I would not have been able to make it as far as I have come without the wonderful friends who have crossed my path and have inspired me in one way or another.
8. You feel the happiest when you __?
When I am having a coffee with someone I highly trust (from my family to my friends). It’s just nice, simple and sweet talking about life and feeling like you aren’t being judged.
9. Why’d you start your blog?
I actually started my blog before I knew/decided I was going to France. I wanted to have a place where I could start writing my opinions, stories and poems (back then though I did not post as often as I do now). I also thought since the field I am studying is journalism then why not? At least I could have a place where I can show my work. Then I decided to move to Paris and the blog has been heavily influenced by that as well.
10. What’s your favorite music song?
I hate this question because my favorite songs change drastically (depending on mood and setting). I am also the kind of person that music heavily impacts my memories and life. Such as, the song Club Can’t Handle Me by Flo Rida was the first song I grinded to in high school (sorry mom and dad) and I will tell that story every time it comes on (horrible experience so it definitely does not fall under my favorite song category). Blank Space by Taylor Swift I happen to sing with my cousin as we walk the streets of Paris at the top of our lungs (we get great looks for that). I’ve also had multiple friends point out that I am THAT person that claims that every song that comes on the radio is their favorite… again, typically due to memories.
11. Favorite color?
My family has this obsession with red. My mom is obsessed with it, my cousin, most of my aunts on my mom’s side…. My friends claim it is my signature look at this point (I love the red lipstick). The other day my friend was waiting for me and couldn’t find me because she claimed, “I was looking for your red coat!”
First off, I would like to say that it was hard having to decide what blogs I wanted to nominate. I follow so many amazing, fun and inspiring blogs.
1. I would like to nominate my lovely friend in person and through blogging, Victimtocharm. This girl can write good, opinionated posts to hilarious college lifestyle posts. She keeps me up to date with what college life is like. I would also love to add that she and I started the blogging experience together and she has been inspiring to watch!
2. Randomsbyarandom is a great blog. Really love her poetry. She has written some stuff that have hit really close to home and have helped me through a lot.
3. Sempiternaljourney caught my attention with a post called “C’est La Vie” about au pairing and the harsh realities that really come with it. She is inspiring for just that, and if you are thinking about au pairing sometime in the near future, seriously, read that beforehand. She has some really great travel stories as well that are fun to follow.
4. Akansha1104 has an amazing blog from poetry, opinions to short stories. I really love her style of writing and she has written some great pieces that have made me think twice about how I saw things. I also love the way her blog is set up.
5. Thebellejar has a feel good vibe to her blog. She talks about mental health and feeling good about yourself to racism, feminism and other important topics that I find interesting.
Now it is your turn to answer my questions! They are the following 11:
1. Who is your greatest hero?
2. Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?
3. What question do you hate the most that people often ask you?
4. What inspires you?
5. Where is a dream vacation spot and why?
6. What did your favorite teacher do for you/teach you?
7. Where is your happy spot?
8. What is the story of your first/favorite concert?
9. Favorite summer memory?
10. What is your favorite post that you have written?
11. Where did 5 year old you see yourself now?
Instructions for this award:
- Nominate 5 blogs which inspire you
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the eleven questions provided by me and make eleven new ones for others to answer.
- Notify your nominee.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link of the blog in your post.
Have fun! Thanks for being such a wonderful, inspiring blogger.